CONDITIONS OF HIRE
SLEEPY’S BARN AT HARMONY COTTAGE
1. To reserve the property, a 25% deposit is required, this secures your booking. NB This deposit is non returnable.
2. IMPORTANT We will hold your provisional reservation for a period of 12 hours. After that, if we do not hear from you we will assume that you no longer require the holiday and your provisional reservation will be cancelled. If you book your holiday and there is less than three calendar months before commencement then full payment is requested within 12 hours.
3. Cash payments must be sent by registered post as no responsibility can be accepted for loss. If paying by bank transfer please note that all monies should be net of all bank charges when they reach our account.
4. On receiving your payment and completed booking form we will confirm your booking email showing the deposit paid and the balance due. The balance due must be paid three calendar months before your holiday is due to commence. Should your payment not reach us by the due date we reserve the right to re-let the property.
5. A security deposit of £100 is required in addition to the total holiday cost (payable with the balance) in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit your liability to us. We will account to you for the security deposit and refund the balance due by cheque within one calendar month after the end of the rental period.
6. Please ensure that you complete the booking form accurately, as failure to do so could result in you forfeiting your holiday.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4.00 pm on the first day. We shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and in order for us to clean and check the property, we ask that you vacate the property before 10.00 am on the day of departure.
8. The property must be left in a clean and decent condition. The hirer is responsible for all members of the party and must make good any losses, breakages, or damage to the property or its contents during their stay. If extra cleaning is required over and above the normal an appropriate amount will be deducted from the security deposit.
9. The maximum number to reside in the property is four and must not be exceeded. It is intended that the barn, garden and hot tub should by used by the hirer and members of their party only. Your use of the hot tub is entirely at your own risk and any damage caused by misuse will have to be paid for. If the number in the party changes, we must be advised accordingly. We have the right at all times to refuse entry to any person on our property. No responsibility can be accepted for personal possessions in the property and for cars parked outside. It is recommended that you purchase some form of holiday insurance from your local broker to cover your personal luggage, personal money, holiday cancellation/curtailment, personal and public liability etc. This type of cover is fairly standard and not too costly.
- For safety reasons all children should be supervised when using the hot tub or around the hot tub area.
10. The hirer shall report to Trish Hansen or Lyndsey Gunter without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property, garden or hot tub, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. No requests for compensation will be accepted whatsoever.
11. We shall not be liable to the hirer: For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property, garden or hot tub. For any loss, damage or injury whatsoever, caused accidental or which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond our control. For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the hirer if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, we shall, within seven days of notification to the hirer, refund all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. Under no circumstances shall our liability to the hirer exceed the amount paid to us for the rental period.
NB In the case of any dispute our decision is final
II. HOLIDAY CANCELLATION
If you have to cancel your holiday, you must notify us in writing. The date of cancellation is the day when written notification is received by us. The letter must wherever possible be signed by the same person who signed the booking form.
In the event of a cancellation, reimbursements will be made according to the following guidelines:
- We will return all your monies (less deposit) if written notification is received within 56 days or more before commencement of your holiday.
- We will return 50% of your monies (less deposit) if written notification is received between 55 – 22 days of the commencement of your holiday.
- If written notification is not received within 21 days of the commencement of your holiday then all monies will be forfeited.